What is NDIS
NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) is a Government Scheme that provides support to Australians who have a permanent and significant disability.
Where do we fit into NDIS?
Our products are generally covered under the Core Supports Purpose Category – “A support that enables a participant to complete activities of daily living and enables them to work towards their goals and meet their objectives.”
We are categorized as “low risk” and “low cost” AT (Assistive Technology) or Consumables under the codes:
0103 Assistive Products for Personal Care and Safety
0112 Assistive Equipment for Recreation.
How do I obtain the funding for my purchase?
Individuals with Level 1 funded supports in their plan can seek advice and buy it themselves. If you are unsure of whether you can use your funding, we recommend that you contact your Local Area Coordinator.
Once you have made your purchase, log onto the NDIS portal and request reimbursement of the funds spent.
If you are unsure of whether you can use your funding, we recommend that you contact your Plan Manager.
- You can buy your furtastic friend upfront and then send the receipt to your Plan Manager for reimbursement OR
- Request for an invoice to be sent to your Plan Manager and receive your goods once payment has been processed.
- Provide your details including your Fund Number, Full Name and Date of Birth
- Enter the code “NDIS” in the “Apply Coupon Code” box so that we can receive the order.
- We will then send an invoice to the Agency.
- Receive your goods once payment has been processed.